Wednesday, March 3, 2021

We are all doing the best that we can.

 We are all doing the best that we can throughout this whole year of COVID. I can see the aftermath of what a year can bring with nonstop stress and worry.  I can see it in the parents that I work with, the students, the staff and my friends and family. I also can see it in myself. We are all exhausted, annoyed and burnt out. My previous post about 'mental health days' seems like a great way to alleviate those affects, but again with the guilt of "but I just have so much to do".  When will it be acceptable for us to take care of ourselves?  There is so much pressure to get things done, and quickly, and without question. I hope that I am able to raise my future son to be a person who is able to take those moments to stop and take care of his own mental health and well being.  Take a day off, sleep in, do nothing and do not feel bad about that.  We all need it and deserve it. 




6 comments:

  1. I feel like we are all going to get better at giving each other a day off, which will help to alleviate the guilt we feel when we take a day off. I've started adding self-care tasks to my "to do" list so I can find joy in doing them and not feel like they are taking me from my real work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking any time off of work as a teacher is a complete logistical nightmare. Having said that, I agree that mental health days are vital and found myself daydreaming about taking one sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know teachers are doing the best they can, but I don’t believe all decision-makers are. It’s so important to raise children who care for their mental health. You’re already far ahead of many by removing stigmas to self-care. My sense is you will be a wonderful mother to your child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to hold each other accountable for this. If we can't be healthy for ourselves, it won't good for anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Self-care is so important right now. I've been trying to start every day with meditation since I find it grounds me better than when I do it later in the day. Days always seem to go better when I spend the first 15 minutes after waking on myself.

    ReplyDelete

Day 31! 3/31/21

  This month of blogging has flown by! It has been nice to write down my thoughts each day this month.  Today is sunny but chilly, so I thin...