Thursday, March 4, 2021

Gratitude

This morning I was thinking about how many boxes of baby items are sitting in my front hallway. It is an overwhelming amount since the nursery is not yet finished so I have nowhere else to put it all! But it made me stop and think about how grateful I am to have friends and family who are able to send us gifts for our new little one coming in May. Even the smallest item is so appreciated because it is one less thing that I have to remember to buy as it gets closer to my due date. I can't even imagine what it is like for some families who are not able to have the same level of support.  I've learned that baby items are not cheap by any means. The essentials such as diapers have a price tag that shocked me.  For something that is necessary and that you use a lot of, the price is high.  




4 comments:

  1. It is astonishing to see how much you need and how expensive some of it is! I remember just being completely overwhelmed while trying to register for our first - how was I supposed to have a baby when I didn't even know what half this stuff was?! It's wonderful that you have such great support, and I love that you considered what it must be like for people who don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gadgets have gotten cooler (and more expensive) as the years have gone on! I'm happy to hear you have a strong support system as you enter this next chapter of your life. One of my favorite new items is baby wipe warmers. This will be a must for those late night diaper changes with your new bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I needed EVERYTHING for my first. By the time the second came around I knew I didn't need half of it. :) I'm glad you have what you need. Being prepared for a baby is very comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to receive lots of baby items when you’re expecting a wee one. I hope you’re receiving lots of diverse books, too. One of my favorites from 2020 is “Antiracist Baby.” It has been a very long time since I had babies in my home, so now days my ho to gifts for friend ms welcoming a baby into their home are books and diapers.

    ReplyDelete

Day 31! 3/31/21

  This month of blogging has flown by! It has been nice to write down my thoughts each day this month.  Today is sunny but chilly, so I thin...