Thursday, March 11, 2021

Missing my pup 3/11/21


I saw my neighbor today when I was going out to my car and he asked if we still had our dog Rocky. I had to tell him that over the summer he passed away. I thought I was ok at this point but clearly not because after I got into my car I burst into tears. Losing Rocky was sudden and traumatic, it happened in the middle of the night and my husband was out of state working in Boston.  I had to rush him to the emergency vet and the following day had to make the decision to put him to sleep because there was little chance of recovery from the stroke that he had. It was devastating. The vet happens to be my sisters best friend from childhood, so I trusted her guidance, which helped a lot. It still isn't easy and I miss my best bud Rocky every day. Hopefully in the future we are able to adopt another dog and give them a loving home, just not quite yet. 







6 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's gut-wrenching how many moments like this there will be as people who haven't seen each other in so long start to come back together again: so many things to explain after being apart for so long. Trauma upon trauma, grief upon grief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky is a handsome chap. As a dog lover myself I understand how deep the pain of losing a beloved fur baby is. My condolences on your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be very traumatic! Our dog died of old age eleven years ago and we still haven't gotten up the courage to invite another into the family. My children are desperate for a dog, but I just can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Amanda, I am so sorry to hear how Rocky passed. Losing our fur-babies is so devestating!

    ReplyDelete

Day 31! 3/31/21

  This month of blogging has flown by! It has been nice to write down my thoughts each day this month.  Today is sunny but chilly, so I thin...