Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Daycare Costs 3/17/21

 I started looking at daycares recently for the fall for my new baby....and wow...it is expensive!  My mom said she would watch the baby two days per week, so in my mind I was thinking "3 days per week won't be too expensive".  Clearly I was wrong. I've heard back from four places so far and they are all pretty similar in price. I can see now why some people quit their jobs and just stay home instead of paying for daycare! A few of the places had the option for part time programs, others said full time only. I also spoke with one of my friends who said her daycare provider does not allow for flexibility with days during the summer, which is sad considering we are off of work and will not want to be sending a baby to daycare every day.  I understand it is a business and they need to make money, I was just caught off guard with all that daycare entails! 




6 comments:

  1. Yes, it costs a fortune! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I'm sorry! That is tough, I hope you're able to find somewhere you love that seems reasonable as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daycare is expensive. Maybe you’ll get some funds under the American Rescue Plan, which will give some relief to most parents. Have you looked into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paying for day care is the worst! You're lucky for more than financial reasons that your mom can help out a bit. Might be cheaper to find a nanny! Then you get child care and house keeping all at once price. I was a nanny for 8 years and it was a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear this and know that you are not exaggerating. It speaks to a societal choice that values capitalism, individualism over collective care and shared/distributed responsibility.

    ReplyDelete

Day 31! 3/31/21

  This month of blogging has flown by! It has been nice to write down my thoughts each day this month.  Today is sunny but chilly, so I thin...